Wednesday 11 October 2017

My Colleen Hoover issue

Most of my friends know that I used to very much dislike Colleen Hoover's books. I never really made it through "Slammed" nor through "Maybe someday" and so I used to think that her novels won't ever really work out for me.

But, as many of you probably have noticed, the book community is always raving about how good her work is, how it hits people hard in the feelings and how it moves them so deeply. I did not think that something will make me pick up another book of hers in the near future, but as it turns out, about a month or so ago, I did.

Now, I do not declare her my all time favourite author or something, but I have been devouring her novels like crazy lately. It all started on a hot summer night. I have to have something to read before I go to bed, or else i can not fall asleep easily. So, as I wandered trough my e-book collection, my eyes darted to "It ends with us". I don't really know what made me pick up the book, but once I started reading it, i could not stop. One minute something typically romantic is happening, and the next one i don't know what to wish for, who to root for or what to do with my life.

My friends, knowing what kind of person I am, are usually hard to believe that my favourite genres are YA and NA, and that I don't watch anything short form a rom-com. So it appeared really strange to all my fellow bookworms that i do not indeed enjoy Hoover's books. Or, rather, used not to enjoy them. Now, i can very happily call myself a Colleen Hoover lover, even though I have yet to finish both "Slammed" and "Maybe someday".For now, my favourite one is "Ugly love" which used to look so unappealing to me. It dragged me down the rabbit hole of sappy feelings and i do not regret one minute of it.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Comment your opinions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment